Date:      Mon, 26 May 2014 22:00:47 +0200
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Bart=C5=82omiej_Rutkowski?= <r@robakdesign.com>
To:        marino@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@robakdesign.com, freebsd-python@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/189666: devel/py-demjson: unfetchable due to rerolled tarball

Wiadomo=C5=9B=C4=87 napisana przez John Marino =
<freebsd.contact@marino.st> w dniu 26 maj 2014, o godz. 21:54:

> On 5/26/2014 21:36, Bart=C5=82omiej Rutkowski wrote:
>> I've just mailed the upstream, explaining the situation and
>> suggesting releasing such changes as minor version numbers, like
>> 2.0.1 or something similar. We'll see what, if any response will I
>> receive, but for now, please, patch the port with new distinfo you've
>> proposed. If this happens again and we wont get any answer by that
>> time, we'll consider hosting the distfiles or removing the port.
>=20
> Hi Bartek,
> The issue is that I can't blindly update the distinfo.  Somebody =
(almost
> always the maintainer) has to "diff" the original version and the new
> version and evaluate exactly what changed and if it's malicious.
>=20
> I already got chewed out last week for not verifying this personally,
> but I generally trust the maintainer if he/she said he did this.  Have
> you actually looked inside the new tarball?
>=20
> Thanks,
> John

John,

Actually, this havent crossed my mind, that the distfiles could not have =
been simply re-released due to malicious activity and only thought this =
was because of bad practice, so I havent actually looked into the =
tarball, but instead only checked it it builds correctly on all =
supported system versions. I am well aware of the possible danger and =
consequences but it just havent lighten the red light in my head this =
time, sorry!

The author already replied to me, and I am in process of figuring out =
what's going on - I'll update you as soon as I'll know anything.

Kind regards,
Bartek Rutkowski=