Date:      Tue, 20 Aug 1996 11:39:10 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@render.com>
To:        Jeffrey Hsu <hsu@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        lite2@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs tree

On Mon, 19 Aug 1996, Jeffrey Hsu wrote:

>   > I need a set of lite2 patches to be able to test it though
>
> You can find a lite2 patch relative to -current as of a few minutes ago
> in ~hsu/cvs/diff.8-19.

I got the diff and applied it to current (with a couple of minor tweaks).
I have a couple of problems with it though.  It seems that bdevsw and
cdevsw both have a new field d_type which is not initialised by most of
the static initialisers in various devices across the kernel.  What does
this field do?  It doesn't seem to be used anywhere.

After hacking various devices which my kernel config included, I got
something which booted but now for some reason, my two non-root ffs
filesystems /usr and /var get mounted readonly which makes it hard to boot
cleanly :-).  I can't figure out what is wrong here.  If I type 'mount -u
-o rw /usr' then it makes the fs read-write but if I use 'umount /usr;
mount /usr' it is read-only.  Wierd.

--
Doug Rabson, Microsoft RenderMorphics Ltd.	Mail:  dfr@render.com
						Phone: +44 171 734 3761