Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2001 00:32:12 -0600
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        alc@freebsd.org, tegge@freebsd.org, jlemon@freebsd.org
Subject:   loadable aio

I've done most of the gruntwork of making AIO a loadable system.

I'd appreciate some feedback and testing, especially since I know
of no programs which use AIO.

This also fixes the non-platform independant way SYSCALL_MODULE_HELPER
was implemented.

It also adds a primative way to dynamically load a kevent subsystem
as well as unloading it.

It removes the aio_proc_rundown explicit call and uses the at_exit(9)
functionality.

Aio can even be unloaded if you're brave by setting a sysctl like
I did for acceptfilters.

Please, please, please give this some testing.  I'd really like
to get it committed, but I really need testers and concensus
if I've done it the right way or not.  I also hope this makes
it more convient for you guys in the future (for adding
features/debugging aio)

http://people.freebsd.org/~alfred/aio_kld.diff

Mr Cox or Mr Egge feel free to commit it if it works for you,
or let me know if I can.

thanks,
--
-Alfred Perlstein [alfred@freebsd.org]