Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 1996 17:40:54 +0000
From:      Lee McLoughlin <lmjm@doc.ic.ac.uk>
To:        Michael Beckmann <petzi@zit.th-darmstadt.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sup and ftp server

Michael Beckmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have setup the sup server on my machine. Before that, I had to configure
> it as a sup client of freefall.
>
> I also want to be a mirror of the FreeBSD anon ftp site. Unfortunately,
> I have severe problems with the mirror program. It eats up my system's
> resources and finally crashes it. So I wonder if it would be possible to
> mirror the ftp site with sup. That would be very convenient.

It is a memory leak in perl.  Try the latest version, mirror-2.8, and perl-5.001m
and things are a LOT better.

Mirror 3 will have even smarter ways...

Incidentally I was wondering if a SUP server on SunSITE UK would be useful?

--
Lee McLoughlin.                         Phone: +44 171 594 8388
ICParc, Imperial College,               Fax:   +44 171 594 8449