Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2000 16:20:18 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   IBM ServeRAID 3L

Hello!

I am a newbie to *nix world, so please excuse me if I sound overly
simplicistic.

I have a server with IBM ServeRAID 3L (currently running Windows
NT) to which I would like to install FreeBSD. Alas, after
browsing www.freebsd.org and www.ibm.com it seems that this
combination of OS and controller is not currently supported.

There is, however, support for Linux by IBM, which is licensed
under GNU General Public License (I'm not very sure what this
means).

Would it be very difficult task to develop ServeRAID support for
FreeBSD, given that it already exists for Linux? It would, of
course, for me, but there must be someone in this big FreeBSD
community who is able to do this...? I would rather not install
Linux.

TIA for any comments.
--
Toomas