Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 2003 20:17:24 +0100 (BST)
From:      Andrew Gordon <arg-bsd@arg.me.uk>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: umass0 problems, with Sony USB Memory Stick

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Nate Lawson wrote:

> So you re-enabled it for both the Memory Stick and CLIE.  Can you please
> do "camcontrol inquiry da0" with it working and report usbdevs -v and the
> above dmesg for it failing using a PR?  I need this to provide a history
> so in the future we remember WHY it was re-enabled.

Just FYI, not all Sony memory stick adaptors have this problem.  Here's a
different one working just fine under recent -current without
DA_OLD_QUIRKS (it's the internal memory stick slot on a PCG-U1 laptop):

minivaio(root)# uname -a
FreeBSD minivaio.arg.sj.co.uk 5.1-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT #9: Fri Aug
22 23:18:10 BST 2003
arg@minivaio.arg.sj.co.uk:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MINIVAIO  i386
minivaio(root)# camcontrol devlist
<Sony MSC-U03 1.00>                at scbus0 target 0 lun 0 (pass0,da0)
minivaio(root)# usbdevs -v
Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, OHCI root hub(0x0000),
AcerLabs(0x0000), rev 1.00
 port 1 addr 2: full speed, power 100 mA, config 1, USB Memory Stick
Slot(0x0069), Sony(0x054c), rev 1.09
 port 2 powered