Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 08:47:42 -0700 (MST)
From:      Diana Eichert <deichert@wrench.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Router based on FreeBSD.

> > > I prefer them too.  However I wonder just what model numbers
> > > the above 3com cards are.   Model number might have a bearing on
> > > this.
>
> > Hes using a 3com 3300 XM switch, so its probably best to stick
> > withe the 3com cards as well... Things made by the same company
> > usualy work best together :)

Whoa, now that's a leap of faith, many times a vendor has purchased entire
companies and re-badged those products as their own.  Also, there can and
most likely will be totally unrelated design teams supporting NIC's and
routers/switches.  So there are no guarantee's by staying vendor specific.

When I worked for Intel twenty years ago, the systems group would not
use Intel DRAM.  We thought it was crap, which it was, as no one else
bought it either.

diana