Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 15:46:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Marco A. Barbosa S." <mbarbosa@fciencias.ens.uabc.mx>
To:        heespi@cicese.mx (Norma Herrera)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: maybe bad blocks

> Hi !
Hello to you too.

>     I have problems with my freebsd, I think that the disk has
> bad blocks but I dont' know. How can i to know it ?.

there is a utility named bad144 and badsect... you could read the
man pages on those, I think they are pretty straight forward...
bad144 just makes a list of the bad sectors on the disk... and
badsect makes up files to occupy the damaged space...

if anyone disagrees out there, well, they can clobber me with another
email... *grin*

> Thank you for your help

you are welcome.

By the way, long time no see!! Greetings to Jacky...