Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 10:22:22 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
Cc:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 1998 Bugs

On 16 Mar 1999, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

# > 1. A cronjob that goes through all new PRs every night, and assigns
# >    them to people from a list of PR tag team members.  (Round-robin
# >    fashion, of course).
#
# ...and mails the PR to that person. But I'd feel more comfortable if
# PRs were assigned the minute they were filed (which requires modifying
# GNATS, but shouldn't be too much work)

The part of GNATS that un-queues new PRs is done now from a
cron job that runs every 10 minutes.  It should be a trivial
matter to write a wrapper script to do what you are talking
about.  And yes I'm volunteering to write it since I probably
know as much about GNATS as anyone and happen to be its
administrator (along with Poul).  All we need is to figure
out what exactly it is we need.

# > I'm willing to be on such a team if 10 other committers also are - if
# > I get 10 volunteers, I'll write up the code.
#
# ACK!

I'll help out too.  Though I don't need to be a part of a
team to work on PRs.  As it has been said many times before
the PRs are out there, just grab one (or a bunch :), and run
with them.

# DES
# --
# Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@flood.ping.uio.no