Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 2013 23:44:54 +0000
From:      "Teske, Devin" <Devin.Teske@fisglobal.com>
To:        freebsd-fs <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Devin Teske <dteske@freebsd.org>
Subject:   zpool upgrade issue?

Hi,

I recently upgraded a ZFS pool on my system and the reported version
changed from "14" to "-" and I'm wondering if this is a bug.

dteske@hvm2a ~ $ zpool list
NAME          SIZE  ALLOC   FREE    CAP  DEDUP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
LSI-RAID1    1.39T  6.58G  1.39T     0%  1.00x  ONLINE  -
NEC2_POOL_A  3.91T   126K  3.91T     0%  1.00x  ONLINE  -
dteske@hvm2a ~ $ zpool status
  pool: LSI-RAID1
 state: ONLINE
status: The pool is formatted using a legacy on-disk format.  The pool can
	still be used, but some features are unavailable.
action: Upgrade the pool using 'zpool upgrade'.  Once this is done, the
	pool will no longer be accessible on software that does not support feature
	flags.
  scan: none requested
config:

	NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	LSI-RAID1   ONLINE       0     0     0
	  mfid0s1g  ONLINE       0     0     0
	  mfid1     ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

  pool: NEC2_POOL_A
 state: ONLINE
status: The pool is formatted using a legacy on-disk format.  The pool can
	still be used, but some features are unavailable.
action: Upgrade the pool using 'zpool upgrade'.  Once this is done, the
	pool will no longer be accessible on software that does not support feature
	flags.
  scan: none requested
config:

	NAME                    STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	NEC2_POOL_A             ONLINE       0     0     0
	  multipath/NEC2_LUN_A  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors
dteske@hvm2a ~ $ zpool get version
NAME         PROPERTY  VALUE    SOURCE
LSI-RAID1    version   14       local
NEC2_POOL_A  version   14       local

=3D=3D=3D Now for the upgrade =3D=3D=3D

dteske@hvm2a ~ $ uname -a
FreeBSD hvm2a 8.4-STABLE FreeBSD 8.4-STABLE #2 r255470M: Wed Sep 11 01:29:1=
5 UTC 2013     dteske@push840-64.vicor.com:/usr/src/sys/amd64/compile/FIS-a=
md64  amd64
dteske@hvm2a ~ $ sr zpool upgrade -a
[sudo] Password:
This system supports ZFS pool feature flags.

Successfully upgraded 'LSI-RAID1' from version 14 to feature flags.
Enabled the following features on 'LSI-RAID1':
  async_destroy
  empty_bpobj
  lz4_compress

Successfully upgraded 'NEC2_POOL_A' from version 14 to feature flags.
Enabled the following features on 'NEC2_POOL_A':
  async_destroy
  empty_bpobj
  lz4_compress

dteske@hvm2a ~ $ zpool get version
NAME         PROPERTY  VALUE    SOURCE
LSI-RAID1    version   -        default
NEC2_POOL_A  version   -        default

=3D=3D=3D Why doesn't it say 28?? =3D=3D=3D

Devin

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidentia=
l. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message an=
d all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any ma=
nner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware=
 that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and revie=
w by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.