Date:      Mon, 4 Nov 2002 11:31:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Lefteris Tsintjelis <lefty@ene.asda.gr>
Cc:        Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>, Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.ORG>, JT32255@aol.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why Use a Daemon as a Symbol since it alienates many?

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Lefteris Tsintjelis wrote: The whole reason that
Linux has the pinguin is that they were jealous of the BSD daemon and
decided that they needed to find their own mascot. I still hear comments
however like "But the BSD daemon's way cooler" from Linux people.

The BSD daemon has significant historical significance and the number of
people who would find it a problem is so statically insignificant that
it's not worth abandonning our herritage for them.

It's
1/ cute
2/ MEMORABLE
3/ relevant (if you know the history)
4/ Unique

Sound slike a winner to me..
Believe me, the daemon is not going away any time soon,
so let's save bandwidth...