Date:      Wed, 1 Nov 2000 10:42:49 -0600
From:      Jeff Eckermann <jeckermann@verio.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Gawk and Guile port problems

Just to start another thread on this question: I couldn't even get as far as
successfully installing gawk 3.06 from the ports.
I grabbed the latest port from the freebsd web site, because my installation
(4.0-RELEASE) had only gawk 3.04, the same as the base install.
Here is the error that I get.  Can somebody enlighten me?
TIA
/usr/libexec/elf/strip: /usr/local/bin/igawk: File format not recognized
*** Error code 70

Stop in /a/ports/lang/gawk/work/gawk-3.0.6/awklib.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /a/ports/lang/gawk/work/gawk-3.0.6.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /a/ports/lang/gawk.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /a/ports/lang/gawk.