Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 22:38:41 +0930 (CST)
From:      Mark Newton <newton@atdot.dotat.org>
To:        freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org
Subject:   The Message That Wouldn't Die (was: Re: Read this...)

<tongue in cheek>
Let this be a reminder to everyone:  If you want to do something to your
system that might cause dataloss, it's a good idea to run:

   uudecode backup < /dev/rda0s1c | mail yourname%yourhost@tin.it

before you do it.  Doing so will provide you with a reliable,
persistent, and easily retrievable backup of your hard disk
which can be restored by booting from the Live Filesystem CD-ROM,
putting /etc on an MFS, and putting this into /etc/aliases:

   yourname: "| /usr/bin/uudecode > /dev/rda0s1c"

After a short wait, your hard disk will be restored.  What could be
simpler?
</tongue>

Paolo Di Francesco wrote:
   [ bugg'rit, I'm not quoting it, you've seen it all before ]

Paolo could be awarded "FreeBSD Kook of the Year" without actually
physically posting a single word at any point during 1999 :-)

 >  ->B<-    All Recycled Bytes Message ...

We noticed.

    - mark :-)