Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 1999 13:46:12 +0100
From:      Shaun Jurrens <shamz@asimov.freenix.no>
To:        Lorenzo Conti <conti@wind.ing.unipi.it>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: NT and FreeBSD: nt loader problem

Hi Lorenzo,

If I'm not too late, I think I can help with the multi-boot problem.  A solution
that works is to use OSBS in the /tools directory on the cd or in the ports (I
believe).  You will need a dos boot disk to install the boot loader.  Just read
the README's.  Messing with the NT bootloader is a big pain, so I just would
avoid it if possible.  You should then be able to jump either to the NT Loader
or to your fbsd kernel.  I did it this way with my multi-boots as I thought I
still needed that other stuff on the same machine.  The boot loader OSBS isn't
very pretty (you only see it 5 seconds a year with fbsd anyway), and a little
scary the first time, but there are provisions to backup the boot sector, so
don't forget to do that first.  It's really almost too simple.  Good luck with
your install. Oh, by the way, the boot loader needs to be on the first boot
drive, which ever that happens to be, OSBS doesn't care.

--

Yours truly,

Shaun D. Jurrens
shaun@shamz.net