Date:      Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:38:56 -0500
From:      Will Maier <willmaier@ml1.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD music ripper recommendation?

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 10:27:23PM +0200, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
[...]
> Personally, I prefer abcde, but I can't expect the users to deal
> with a command line program. I'll have to supply a gui based
> solution.  Is there a good ripper that have both local (read X)
> and web based interfaces?

There are quite a few graphical cd rippers; I've used sound-juicer
(GNOME) most recently. It doesn't have a web interface, though;
neither do any other X-based rippers I know of.

To do that, you might end up having to write some Perl/PHP CGI
scripts to fetch track listings and perfom the ripping.

--

| jabber:..wcmaier@jabber.ccc.de | email:..........wcmaier@ml1.net |