Date:      Wed, 1 Aug 2001 17:13:34 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@acadia.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: anyone know the whereabouts of an xmms package

Try this:
cd /usr/ports/audio/xmms
make install clean

I believe this is what you want.  to find all the xmms related ports,
just go to /usr/ports/audio and execute the following:
make search key="xmms"
You will get more than you need.  I promise. :)

On 08/01/01 05:19 PM, Nathan Vidican sat at the `puter and typed:
> I log into ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.3-
> RELEASE/packages/audio/ and do an 'ls -l xmms*, this is what itreveals:
>
> xmms-crossfade-0.2.6.tgz
> xmms-esound-1.2.4_1.tgz
> xmms-liveice-1.0.0.tgz
> xmms-quix3dn-4.4.1.tgz
> xmms-shn-2.1.tgz
> xmms-tfmx-0.3.tgz
>
> Noting that all of these are just plugins for xmms, I found that xmms
> is NOT in the pre-compiled packages for FreeBSD; or at least not where
> I can find it.
>    So instead I opt to download the entire ports collection so-as to
> compile and install xmms... three of the dependancies' distfiles
> produce bad checksums, even when pulled down from different mirror
> sites, the final result: no xmms.
>    I'm trying to compile xmms right now, from the source as downloaded
> from www.xmms.org, and compile all of it's dependancies manually. I
> just wondered though why this app wasn't in the packages, or if maybe I
> just overlooked it? If anyone knows of the whereabout of the xmms
> package please let me know... compiling a new is becoming a tedious
> pain in the butt. By package I mean that which will install using
> pkg_add, not that of the ports collection which requires a build.
>
> --
> Nathan Vidican
> Nathan@Vidican.com
> http://Nathan.Vidican.com/

Louis LeBlanc       leblanc@acadia.ne.mediaone.net
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                 ԿԬ

Amoebit:
  Amoeba/rabbit cross; it can multiply and divide at the same time.