Date:      30 May 2003 11:26:13 +0200
From:      Nelis Lamprecht <nelis@brabys.co.za>
To:        on@cs.ait.ac.th
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions Mail List <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: proftpd/ipfw issues

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your reply. I do not block any out going tcp or udp traffic
as this machine is used only by myself. For that I have the following
rules:

$fwcmd add 00303 allow tcp from any to any out setup keep-state

$fwcmd add 00405 allow udp from any to any out

Do you think the setup keep-state could be causing a problem? Thanks for
making the point on my subnet, I have changed that accordingly.

Kind regards,
Nelis

ps. I am not subscribed to the list so please send answers to me
directly.

>> allow tcp from any to x.x.x.x/24 20,21,22,25,53,80,443 setup

>On ACTIVE FTP, the client initiate the connection to the port 21, but
the server initiate the connection from the port 20.