Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:18:03 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        william woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: StarOffice on a SMP system....

On Sun, Aug 15, 1999 at 05:15:30PM -0700, william woods wrote:
> I am running StarOffice 5.1 on a Dual PP200 system with 128 megs memory. It
> runs (can't get the plugins to run), but my main concern is that I find
> /var/log/messages filled with stuff like this:
>
> Aug 15 17:01:35 freebsd /kernel: shared address space fork attempted: pid: 377
> Aug 15 17:01:35 freebsd /kernel: shared address space fork attempted: pid: 377

I'm running FreeBSD-3.2-STABLE (last build around a week ago).
There I got the error message using a SMP kernel, that
linux_clone() isn't SMP ready.

BTW, when running Staroffice after installation in my local
account /home/andreas/Office51, staroffice every time tries
to run setup again :-/ I tried now both installation options,
workstation and full install with the same result. Could it
be related to the fact, that I installed staroffice rpm package
to the path /home/staroffice ? rpm -i --ignoreos --root /home/staroffice --dbpath /var/lib/rpm --nodeps --replacepkgs --noscripts forgotthenameofthepackage.rpm

O.k. this doesn't belong here, but if you have an Idea, what's
causing this, then it would be nice, if you could drop some
mail to me.

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm                               http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas