Date:      Mon, 26 May 2014 22:12:12 +0200
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Bart=C5=82omiej_Rutkowski?= <r@robakdesign.com>
To:        marino@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@robakdesign.com, freebsd-python@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/189666: devel/py-demjson: unfetchable due to rerolled tarball

Wiadomo=C5=9B=C4=87 napisana przez Bart=C5=82omiej Rutkowski =
<r@robakdesign.com> w dniu 26 maj 2014, o godz. 22:00:

<freebsd.contact@marino.st> w dniu 26 maj 2014, o godz. 21:54:
>=20
>> On 5/26/2014 21:36, Bart=C5=82omiej Rutkowski wrote:
>>> I've just mailed the upstream, explaining the situation and
>>> suggesting releasing such changes as minor version numbers, like
>>> 2.0.1 or something similar. We'll see what, if any response will I
>>> receive, but for now, please, patch the port with new distinfo =
you've
>>> proposed. If this happens again and we wont get any answer by that
>>> time, we'll consider hosting the distfiles or removing the port.
>>=20
>> Hi Bartek,
>> The issue is that I can't blindly update the distinfo.  Somebody =
(almost
>> always the maintainer) has to "diff" the original version and the new
>> version and evaluate exactly what changed and if it's malicious.
>>=20
>> I already got chewed out last week for not verifying this personally,
>> but I generally trust the maintainer if he/she said he did this.  =
Have
>> you actually looked inside the new tarball?
>>=20
>> Thanks,
>> John
>=20
> John,
>=20
> Actually, this havent crossed my mind, that the distfiles could not =
have been simply re-released due to malicious activity and only thought =
this was because of bad practice, so I havent actually looked into the =
tarball, but instead only checked it it builds correctly on all =
supported system versions. I am well aware of the possible danger and =
consequences but it just havent lighten the red light in my head this =
time, sorry!
>=20
> The author already replied to me, and I am in process of figuring out =
what's going on - I'll update you as soon as I'll know anything.
>=20
> Kind regards,
> Bartek Rutkowski

Like I said, the author already replied and is just as suprised as we =
are, and says there was only one release he knows about, and that the =
correct data for the distfile would be: 'size is 115914 with an md5 of =
12cdd65d6b993afe8a36abd1838c2fae'.=20

Unfortunately on my system I no longer have the distfile downloaded that =
we had as a valid for last time:

SHA256 (demjson-2.0.tar.gz) =3D =
f5bc34800a0eb8be81a296e08e44e279c47ce72a2e4bb648be6b8bea4939ab34
SIZE (demjson-2.0.tar.gz) =3D 193281

and when I 'make makesum' right now, I am getting this:

SHA256 (demjson-2.0.tar.gz) =3D =
24f638daa0c28a9d44db2282d46ea3edfd4c7d11a656e38677b741620bf1483d
SIZE (demjson-2.0.tar.gz) =3D 115914

what perfectly matches what the author says it should be. I've asked him =
if he can check his release system and distfiles providers to see if he =
can spot any changes and if he can by any chance match our sum/size =
that's incorrect to anything around there.

Any chance you or anyone else have the 'bad' distfiles available on =
their system for inspection?

Kind regards,
Bartek Rutkowski=