Date:      Mon, 7 May 2001 08:26:02 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "sohail malik" <sohailq8@hotmail.com>, <a0981@makita.cc.gifu-nct.ac.jp>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>, <zen@buddhist.com>
Subject:   Re: help please

I think the experts prefer technical questions be asked on the
freebsd-questions list. I've forwarded the message there, but in the
meantime you should check that you don't have a winmodem (basically if its
56k / internal / PCI).
Any "plug & pray" internal modem is difficult to configure but winmodems are
near impossible ..... its far easier to go purchase a "proper" external
serial cable connected modem.