Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 07:44:15 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Flaw in FreeBSD 4.5 Install CD (?)

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 07:17:08PM -0600, Phil Hall wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I may have run into a flaw in the install routine for
> FreeBSD 4.5.
>
> It has occurred only twice, but both times under the exact
> same circumstances:
> If you choose to install every package on the install CD,
> eventually the install
> will crash with 'waiting for pkgadd(1)' message. The message
> will be displayed
> forever...or at least the 4 hours I was willing to wait.
>
> I know, you think I'm crazy for attempting to install every
> package, but I thought
> to myself "What the heck..." and tried. Both times ending in
> the exact same failure.

I would guess (though never having chosen this option) something that is
being installed is trying to ask you a question. Try looking at one of
the other consoles .. perhaps the emergency hologrpahic one on console 4
I think... as to whether it will accept an answer from you I have my
doubts.

--
Regards
   Cliff Sarginson -- <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>