Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 19:47:27 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Thomas Schuerger <schuerge@wjpserver.CS.Uni-SB.DE>
To:        Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Voodoo 2 support

> > > Yes, but you have to use the linux emulation as there are no native
> > > drivers.
> >
> > Okay. What do I have to do to use my Voodoo 2 card then?
> >
> Download the linux_glide port, and the linux_base, and linux_devel ports.
> Then go to 3dfx's webpage and get the linux_glide libs for the voodoo 2,
> then enable linux emulation in /etc/rc.conf.

I´ve done that, but when I try starting the included executable "test3Dfx",
my machine hangs completely without any prior message and must be rebooted.
Linux emulation works fine with other programs.

Do you have any hints what´s going on? Have you managed to actually use your
card in your machine?

Ciao,
Thomas Schürger.   http://www.menden.augustin.de