Date:      Thu, 25 May 2000 23:41:55 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Mikael Sundberg <mikael.sundberg@mbox336.swipnet.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What it the difference between CheepBSD1 FreeBSD 4.0 and FreeBSD 4.0

Mikael Sundberg wrote:

> What it the difference between CheepBSD1 FreeBSD 4.0 and FreeBSD 4.0?
> FreeBSD 4.0 is 3 times more expensive than CheepBSD FreeBSD 4.0.

If you told us what CheepBSD is, someone might know.  The likely
explanation is that the money you pay for the offical FreeBSD CDs from
cdrom.com or freebsdmall.com go towards funding the FreeBSD, so you feel
as if you've done something useful.  If you can afford it, I'd recommend you
get the official CDs.

Another difference is that this CheapBSD may be only one CD, if you get
the official CDs you get four CDs with loads of packages on them.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D