Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2000 20:51:58 -0600
From:      Geoff Hansen <ghansen@funkygarden.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Two versions of SSH on my machine

I am running FreeBSD4.0-Release

I think I have two versions of ssh on my machine, and would like to
get rid of the one that doesn't work. Actually, that would be pretty
easy, but I want to find out what I did incorrectly to have 2 versions
of ssh on my machine.

The ssh / sshd that work are in
/usr/local/bin and /usr/local/sbin respectively.
These seem to be OpenSSH-1.2.2 and have config files in /usr/local/etc

The ssh / sshd that do NOT work are in
/usr/bin and /usr/sbin
and I guess that their config files are in /etc/ssh

I don't know what version of SSH these are because if I try to use
either of them I get the error.
  /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libkrb5.so.3" not found

Anyone know what I did incorrectly when I setup my machine (from a CD
distro) or in installing OpenSSH (from a port)? Should I be deleting
these other files, or was there a 'correct' way of deinstalling the
version of ssh that isn't working?

Thanks in advance should you have an answer for me!