Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2002 22:04:36 +0000
From:      Yoriaki FUJIMORI <fujimori@grafin.fujimori.cache.waseda.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   /compat/linux/bin/tcsh

Dear folks,
Today I noticed a funny thing.

When I invoked, as an ordinary user (say, ahoo),
% /compat/linux/bin/tcsh
on FreeBSD 4.5/i386, it worked properly, but on FreeBSD4.5/Alpha,
I got an error message, like
tcsh: Permission denied.

As the root, this works fine, as expected.

Ahoo's home directory is nfs-mounted from i386-based FreeBSD4.5
file server.
As far as I see, there is no difference in setting betwenn
i386 and alpha.

I am trying to switch shells, so that I can compile some sources
with Compaq's ccc/cxx/fort easily.

Thanks in advance for your responce.

Yoriaki Fujimori