Date:      Fri, 29 Nov 2002 15:24:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      Craig Reyenga <creyenga@connectmail.carleton.ca>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Network is crazy slow in DP2

Yesterday I installed 5.0-DP2 without problems, however my 100mbit link
my desktop computer goes extremely slowly using HTTP, FTP or SMB and
proabably others. I used to be able to tranfer files using FTP at over
7.9MB/sec in 4.7 but now the best that I can do is 800KB/sec. When I
look at 'top' it appears that the computer isn't even "trying" i.e. the
cpu usage is very low.
The network adapter in question is a Realtek 8139B. The problem exists
in polling or non-polling mode.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

-Craig