Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 21:37:10 -0500
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: btokup().. patch to STYLE(9) (fwd)

On Fri, Jan 29, 1999 at 01:25:07PM +1100, Bruce Evans wrote:
> >yeah but not a SINGLE person has said to not commit the patch to style(9)
>
> Of course I object.

My mail system appears to have accidentally deleted your excellent and
well-considered reasons for not allowing style(9) to say "it's OK to
use extra braces or parenthesis when it makes your code more
comprehensible".  Perhaps you could repeat it?

> >so I'm going to do it later tonight..
>
> If you commit it, then I will back it out.

This list is getting almost as bad as perl5-porters.
--
Christopher Masto        Director of Operations      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

    "Good tools allow users to do stupid things." -- Clay Shirky