Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 1999 23:43:44 -0400
From:      Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dhclient-script

I have 3.3-S on a P3-600 using DHCP over 10MBps Ethernet...

During boot DHCP seems to work fine, it gets the right addresses and everything.
The problem is that it adds an extra route for 127.0.0.1 (from looking at
netstat -r). Everything works fine except for X, I get arpresolve errors and it
justs sits there. After looking through the archives I found a solution, just
comment out the first line containing "route add $new_ip_address 127.1
>/dev/null 2>&1" from /sbin/dhclinet-script and everything works fine. I cvsup'd again today and noticed that the problem didn't go away. The message that mentions this is from July. Is this just a low priority item or a new "feature"? I don't mean to gripe, I'm just getting tired of commenting out that one line (and I'm not sure it isn't messing anything up).

The message with the solution is here:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1942764+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/1999/freebsd-questions/19990801.freebsd-questions

Thanks,
Brandon