Date:      Thu, 07 Feb 2008 13:51:07 +0000
From:      "Alphons \"Fonz\" van Werven" <a.j.werven@student.utwente.nl>
To:        Andreas Davour <ante@Update.UU.SE>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VESA option in 6.3?

Andreas Davour wrote:

> I just tried to compile my kernel with 'options VESA' and 'device vga',
> according to the instructions from 'man 4 vga'.
>
> When I did it with 6.2 it worked, but now 'make buildkernel' tells me
> VESA is an unrecognized option. How come?

I built a kernel with that for 6.3-RELEASE and it works just fine.
That is to say, the kernel builds, installs, boots and runs. But VESA
itself is another story because I still can't change the syscons
resolution with vidcontrol and the screensavers don't work either.

Perhaps you can send me your kernel config file?

Alphons

--
VISTA - Viruses Intruders Spyware Trojans Adware