Date:      Mon, 06 Aug 2001 09:33:28 -0400
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        Paolo Pisati <flag@libero.it>
Cc:        FreeBSD_Multimedia <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: fxtv + MatroxG400 + Xfree4.0.3 = crap all around the screen?!? =P

Paolo Pisati wrote:

> Like the subject say, i'm unable to use fxtv on my configuration, cause
> it draws only artifacts (say garbage or crap if you prefer) all
> around the screen (yes, out the boundaries of the fxtv window).
>
> The tv tuner card, is an AverMedia TVPhone98 that works nicely under
> Win98.
> It even worked well some times ago but suddenly stopped working.
>
> Digging through the search engine, i've found another IDENTICAL msg (dated 20
> August 2000 if i remember correctly) which spot the same problem with same hw
> and a very similar sw configuration (the only difference was that i'm using
> xfree 4.0.3 while the other people was using 4.0.1).

Have you tried upgrading to XFree 4.1.0?  Are you using the DRM
extensions to
XFree?  If you stick fxtv in debug mode does it say anything suspicious?

You might also try using the Matrox HAL for that card, it may workaround
whatever
issue you are having.  The HAL is disabled in 4.1.0 last time I checked
however,
because some people had some issues with it.  I'm using it with 4.1.0 on
a G200
with no problems whatsoever, so YMMV.

--
  \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese@mitre.org
 |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer