Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 23:10:36 -0400
From:      Steve Wills <steve@stevenwills.com>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Docproj Mandatory Tools

I decided that I'd like a local copy of the handbook incase I'm ever
without access to the network and need to reference it. I disocvered
that all the files in /usr/doc are SGML files. So, I took a look at
the README there and then went to the web page. I looked at the list
of mandatory tools needed to compile the doc project stuff here:

http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/docproj-primer/tools.html

and built all the tools. Then I went to /usr/doc and ran make. Things
seemed to be going well until make was unable to find eps2png. I went
and built eps2png and so far things seem to be going well.

The point is that it seems like eps2png is required to build the
docs. Is this correct, or is what I'm doing not supported and not
exptected to work? Please let me know if I'm doing it all wrong. :) If
I'm not doing something silly, then you might want to add eps2png to
the list of requirements reference mentioned above.

Thanks,
Steve