Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 19:36:15 +0100 (BST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Dan=20Fairs?= <danfairs@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   BT/Clara.net ADSL package

Hi,

I'm going to be moving to London soon, and am considering getting an
ADSL connection (on BT's £40 a month deal). Now, on their literature,
it says that they provide a USB modem. Has anyone had any experience
with these beasts, specifically on the deal that BT (or Clara.net now,
I believe) - any quirks, kernel config parameters, and so on? What
protocol do they use over the wire? PPPoE?

Also, is there anything stopping me just using my FreeBSD box as the
internet gateway to serve my small LAN? BT seem to want more wodge to
install their own damn network cards in the boxes...

Any comments appreciated.

Cheers,
Dan

=====