Date:      Sun, 08 Nov 1998 18:18:54 -0600
From:      robert bonie <rcbonie@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   booting free bsd

I have a machine with three hard drives.ibm clone ibuiltitanditworks
type of machine..Recentley installed linux (rh 5.0) .(intrigued by new
o/s and wanted unix experience for job market.)Hated the fact that
commands rarly had same result, trouble getting ppd to work and several
other beefs.
    Friend who was helping w/linux got free bsd  and started touting it
big time.Thought I'd give it a shot and got FreeBSD  2.7 from
Cheapbytes.com.(PS service was great and I recommend them highly.)How
ever... >>>>>CAN'T GET BLAMED BOOT MANAGER TO WORK!!!<<<
    Have tried all FAQ's and still can't get 2nd hard drive to
boot.(Linux's LILO did a great job of this).
Question... is there a place where I can get more info on a multiple
hard drive confg. with f/bds on 2nd drive? (Win 98 being on the first
drive?)
Can i do this with LILO if so how.

Thank you in advance,

TheOldMan