Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 20:02:32 +0400
From:      "Stanislav Wissotsky" <stan_marina@mail.ru>
To:        <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: your mail

Hello,
    I recently wrote about the problem with
the installation of  FreeBSD 3.4. My question
was about receiving a message 'No CD-ROM
device found' ( I have SONY CD-ROM  model no.
CDU311 version BA(produced in 1996))  after
choosing an installation from CD-ROM (step
8). The advice I received from Rahul
Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in> was
to try booting with the -c flag.  I tried and
it didn't help.
    I found out in the documentation that
CD-ROM Sony CDU 31/33A is supported by
FreeBSD for sure (may be mine too?) and
ATAPI-compatible IDE CD-ROM are also
supported by one. Other ways of installation
are not sufficient for me, so I'd like to
find the way of installation via CD-ROM
device. Please if anyone is able to tell me
how I can do that,  I'd be very gratefull.

Stanislav Wissotsky.