Date:      Mon, 31 Aug 1998 08:56:45 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        chrismar@console.org
Cc:        FreeBSD-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Site Development

On Sunday, 30 August 1998 at 13:14:20 -0400, chrismar@console.org wrote:
> Hi guys and gals,
>
> This is kind of off topic, but I figured it was worth a shot.

Well, it's off topic for -questions (except that -questions is a
catchall for any message for which you can't find a better list), but
it's probably interesting for a couple of other groups: FreeBSD
advocacy and the BSD Ezine.  I'm copying them both (the latter Bcc:;
I'm not sure I should be giving out the address, though I'd think it
would be OK).

> I'm trying to create a web site for all free un*x users.  Whether they be
> FreeBSDers, Linuxers, NetBSDers, OpenBSDers, or any un*x users at all. I'm
> thinking of something kinda like slashdot.org or freshmeat.net but not as
> Linux centric.  Something that all un*x users/operators can enjoy just
> just Linux users can enjoy.
>
> Now, this is going to be no easy task, so I'm looking for people to help.
> I really need people that can make kick ass web pages, kick ass graphics,
> and write stories/articles.  I also need people that seem to get the
> inside scoop quickly.  Also, any developers who may care to share upcoming
> events/releases/etc...
>
> If you would like to help out, please respond to this message with your
> name, e-mail address, and what you would like to do to help.

You should know in particular about the BSD Ezine, the first issue of
which will be coming out Real Soon Now.  Also, the people in -advocacy
are doing this sort of thing, and you should know about
http://www.opensource.org/.  You probably want a lot of discussion
about *what* you want to do before you get started.

Greg