Date:      Sun, 9 Jan 2000 04:55:46 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@hades.hell.gr>
To:        keith <ck_ho@iname.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vlan config

[ message format revamped ]

On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 10:31:46PM +0800, keith wrote:

> I want to find some vlan config for freebsd. Pls help ?? I tried but
> I can't get it work.  Where are can I found about vlan document ??

It would be a lot easier for someone that knows what you need to help
you if you were more descriptive about what a "vlan" really is.

Something along the lines of "I have this machine that I want to
install as the gateway of a local ethernet.  This machine is also
connected to the outside world with a PPP link.  How do I set my
machines up so that the machines on the ethernet can connect to the
Internet through the 'gateway'?"

Try to be more verbose in your questions to receive more helpful
answers.  What is a "vlan" anyway?

> Thank for help ??

Don't you know if you're thanking.  What is the point of asking someone
if you are thanking him for his help?

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]