Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 1998 06:14:25 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        Anthony.Kimball@East.Sun.COM, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any cards that work?

> > Can anyone recommend a U.S. source for the GUS PnP cards?
>
> Good luck - Gravis got out of the sound business, they aren't made
> anymore.  As mentioned, Fry's might have some leftovers.

and IMHO it's not such a good idea to get a discontinued product.
you'll be left with continuously decreasing support.

I know that most references on suitable cards for audioconferencing
(which I seems to remember was the original motivation) still claim the
GUSPnP is the only good one, but those references are definitely out of
date (and I wish people who maintain those pages would go and fix
them.... hint hint...).

At the risk of being annoying: my audio driver (in -current, and
probably going in -stable as well) supports full duplex very well
on a wide range of new, cheap, PnP audio cards. The latest (binary)
distributions of the MASH tools from www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu
already support my driver (although they web pages still comment
the GUSPnP as the card of choice...).

	cheers
	luigi