Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2001 18:24:00 -0600
From:      Duke Normandin <01031149@3web.net>
To:        Freebsd Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   3COM HomeConnect ADSL bridge

My local Telco includes the subject ADSL "modem" with the monthly
connection fees, and supports 'PPPoE'. Anyone out there have FBSD/3COM
ADSL bridge/PPPoE experience? Any problems with this ANT?

I'd like to purchase a compatible modem. Is there a site that can tell
me "the 3COM HomeConnect is compatible in all respect to <whatever>?

Is this a good price for an ADSL connection? US$24.00 gives me
1. 1.5Mbs(dwn) / 512kbs(up)
2. 2 dyn IP addresses
3. PPPoE support
4. splitter-less hookup

Any heads-up I should know about? TIA....
--
-duke
Calgary, Alberta, Canada