Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 2002 09:31:05 -0600
From:      "Jack L. Stone" <jackstone@sage-one.net>
To:        "John Straiton" <jks@clickcom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Installing apache+ssl / frontpage / php

At 09:59 AM 12.19.2002 -0500, John Straiton wrote:
>Yeah thanks for the suggestions! I just wish I could figure out why it
>is that on my existing machine it keeps giving me an error of "Root web
>owned by priviledged user" even though it's all owned by "www" with a
>userid/groupid of 80, which is identical to the uid/gid of the box
>that's a fresh install!
>
>John Straiton
>jks@clickcom.com - 704-365-9970
>Please reply to ne@clickcom.com instead of directly to me so that the
>first available engineer might help you

Well, at least now you are over the hump and can just join the club of FP
admins with its many pains. I always groan at the aspect of an update to
FP. I have found that almost every version of installs have had their own
(different) quirks, depending on what it is run with and it takes
experimenting to fix. And, as another posted just said, most info out there
is old and no longer applies (at least fully) to current installs of
FP+..... the install with ssl was the most difficult one for me too, while
the other Apache+FP recently have gone smoothly. BTW, the portugrade when
smoothly too. Perhaps because I used the ports combo without any Makefile
mods.

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Administrator