Date:      Sun, 17 Aug 1997 16:46:35 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panic: page fault...twice in one day

Appendum:

	So far today, that I've been able to record, the reboot happens at
approximately the same time, with it happening once every hour, and the
/var/crash file being created at ~*:30:

	vmcore.1 -> 13:32
	vmcore.2 -> 14:23
	vmcore.3 -> 15.31

	I've checked my crontabs, and there is nothing that runs consistently,
every hour, that seems to run on the ethernet, other then INN's nntpsend...
or, rather, nothing that has changed.  I have PostgreSQL/Apache/telnet, etc
still running constantly:

10,25,40,55 * * * * /news/admin/bin/nntpsend

	But, that runs 4 times an hour, and the reboot always happens around the
same time :(

On Sun, 17 Aug 1997, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Morning...
>
> 	Today, three times so far, as far as I've been able to tell, my new
> server 'panic: page fault'd in what seems like sosend().  gdb output
> included below (and in PR).
>
> 	I'm running 2.2.2-RELEASE on the machine, and am curious as to whether
> or not this is a known problem with 2.2.2-RELEASE, and will upgrading to
> 2.2.2-STABLE will fix it?
>
> 	Also, is there any way of finding out what caused it?  It seems strange
> to me that its been running problem free for 2+ weeks now, and all of a sudden
> I start having problems :(
>
> 	Don't know if this helps, but my ethernet card is detected as:
>
> vx0 <3COM 3C905 Fast Etherlink XL PCI> rev 0 int a irq 5 on pci0:11
> mii[*mii*]: disable 'auto select' with DOS util! address 00:60:97:72:57:bf

< bunch of information from previous post removed >