Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 1999 08:11:00 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Sanjay Kisen <Sanjay.Kisen@usa.alcatel.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Hi, The handbook in the zip format is not getting downloaded

On Wed, Sep 22, 1999 at 12:53:58PM -0700, Sanjay Kisen wrote:
>         This is sanjay I was trying to download the file
> handbook.pdf.zip of 1369kb from the web directly through netscape, but
> it is not getting downloaded to download do we require any special
> software for downloading ? and I can see its not connecting to FTP
> sever. Let me know the details how to download the handbook .

Hmm.  Try right-clicking on the filename, and then choose the "Save as
local file" option, which should download it.

Alternatively, try downloading the appropriate .tgz file from
ftp.FreeBSD.org:/pub/FreeBSD/doc/, and then running it through pkg_add.

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>