Date:      Sun, 19 Jan 2003 18:38:00 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Grant Peel <grant@thenetnow.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tweo SCSI drives.

Grant Peel wrote:
> OK, While I am asking truely basic questions.....
>
> I have two drive sa0 and sa1
>
> Both have freebsd loaded on them (on the same machine of course)
>
> I want to mirror the first drive to the second one each night.
>
> 1) How do I 'see' the contents of the second drive?

man mount
You'll need to know the partition layout of the second drive,
then you can mount the partitions to wherever you want using
mount.
A lot of people will make mountpoints off of /mnt (such as
/mnt/usr /mnt/root /mnt/var)

> 2) Does anyone know where to find a decent mirror script? (Once I learn how
> to see/read/write to the second drive, I can write one :-)).

I recommend rsync, which will speed things up by only copying the
files that have changed, actually it will only copy the changed
parts of files that have changed, making things very fast.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies