Date:      Mon, 04 May 1998 11:19:51 -0400
From:      "James E. Housley" <housley@pr-comm.com>
To:        ColdFire@WildRice.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Using BDM from FreeBSD

Peter Jeremy wrote:

> [Followups: Please note cross posting]
>
> Gunter Magin <magin@lpr.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de> has developed a set
> of patches to gdb 4.13 and 4.16 to allow it to talk to a BDM (Motorola
> CPU32 embedded debug) interface
> (ftp://ftp.lpr.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de/pub/bdm/gdb-4.16-bdm-patches.tgz).
> This includes a BDM parallel port device driver for Linux.
>
> Has anyone looked at porting this driver to FreeBSD?  (I realise it
> could also be done from user-mode, but haven't studied it to see if
> this is practical).
>
> Peter
> --
> Peter Jeremy (VK2PJ)                    peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au
> Alcatel Australia Limited
> 41 Mandible St                          Phone: +61 2 9690 5019
> ALEXANDRIA  NSW  2015                   Fax:   +61 2 9690 5247

Yes I have.  I have ported that code to be a LKM for FreeBSD.  I used it
regularly.  Try this link:
http://www.servtech.com/~pr-comm/gdb/gdb.html

I haven't "installed" this in quite a while.  Please contact me for help
if you need to.  I would also appreciate all feedback.

Jim.
--
 James E. Housley                            PGP:   1024/03983B4D
 PR Communications, Inc.                     2C 3F 3A 0D A8 D8 C3 13