Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 1999 17:00:18 -0700
From:      Steven G Treadway <streadway@snowcrest.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Stalion multiport driver

    Yes, I am another new freebsd user trying to set up a stallion
multiport card on his system. having searched every mailing list and
newsgroup I could, I have found no no usable answers to the problem of
setting up the device nodes for this driver.

    No /dev/MAKEDEV does not contain the information for these devices,
and no there is not a "mkdevnods" script anywhere on the system.

    I managed to find the major/minor numbers to create the "stliomem"
node from the source code, but am a bit confused about the ttyE and cue
devices. do they use the same major number as the base driver (75)? do
ttyE* and cue* share the same minor (0x80), ttylE* and cule* share 0x40,
ttyiE* and cuie* both use 0x20?

    if no one can send me the mythical "mkdevnods" script or a MAKEDEV
with the proper scripting for these devices, can you at least help me
find the proper major/minor numbers for these nodes.

            Thank you.
                            SGT