Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2001 17:53:38 -0700
From:      Kirk McKusick <mckusick@mckusick.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/src/sys/scripts?

	Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:18:28 +0930
	From: Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
	To: FreeBSD-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
	Subject: /usr/src/sys/scripts?

	BSD/OS has a directory /usr/src/sys/scripts which contains macros for
	kernel debugging.  I have a number of macros here that I've
	accumulated over time, and I'd like to commit them.  I'd also like to
	modify config(8) to install a .gdbinit in the kernel build directory
	if debugging has been specified; the .gdbinit would load macros from
	../../scripts in order to help with kernel debugging.

	Comments?

	Greg

I think that this is a very good idea. I have a large batch of
filesystem data structure printing macros and a few other that
I would be happy to contribute.

	Kirk McKusick