Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 00:13:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joakim Ryden <jo@ForumOne.Com>
To:        Daniel O'Connor <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Login

I'm using OpenSSH as shipped, have HUP'ed, and am editing
the right file. ;-) That's why I got a bit stomped..

Joakim

Today at 1:38pm doconnor@gsoft.com.au suggested:

=>
=>On 25-Sep-00 Joakim Ryden wrote:
=>>  I have a private network where I'd like to do ssh root
=>>  logins from box to box - is there anything else I need to do
=>>  than set PermitRootLogin to yes in sshd_config? It doesn't
=>>  seem to want to work (i.e, I get "permission denied" when I
=>>  try). The machines are 4.1-STABLE boxes.
=>
=>Well, make sure you restart sshd (send it a HUP).
=>
=>Also, make sure you're editing the correct file :)
=>
=>If you have the ssh port installed and running it will run out of /usr/local
=>and read /usr/local/etc/sshd_config whereas if you are using OpenSSH (as
=>shipped with 4.1) you will need to edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config
=>
=>---
=>Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer
=>for Genesis Software - http://www.gsoft.com.au
=>"The nice thing about standards is that there
=>are so many of them to choose from."
=>  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
=>

|Joakim Ryden                                  |
|jo@forumone.com                               |
|http://www.forumone.com/consult               |
|"Communicate, collaborate, change the world." |