Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 1997 12:34:18 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@zibbi.mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        logue@engr.orst.edu (Steve Logue)
Cc:        stenn@whimsy.udel.edu, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xntp3-5.89.2 & FreeBSD 2.2-GAMMA won't compile

> There has been a long stream of problems with XNTPD, and FreeBSD.  This
> may have been going on longer than I am aware however, I have checked
> from 3-5.88.0 - 3-5.89.2, and they all give me the same problem.  It
> appears that on my system, there are two symbols that are undefined in
> the file ntp_loopfilter.c, lines 330 and 335: STA_FLL and STA_FREQHOLD.
> Near as I can tell, these things are supposed to be defined in my
> system's timex.h file?  From my understanding, XNTPD needs a framework
> in the kernel to work correct?  How do I go about updating my kernel
> sources with the latest XNTPD kernel stuff.  Or better yet, get it fixed
> with the FreeBSD project?
>
> There is a timex.h file that comes with the XNTP distribution, and if I
> edit ntp_loopfilter.c to include that instead, everything builds fine,
> and xntpd runs fine, but when I try to use ntpq with the pe command I
> get nothing.  My "make" output is attached.

I have fixed it in FreeBSD-current, but weren't sure if it should go into
2.2. Any opinions anyone? It has been in -current from December 31 and
nobody has complained yet. Three files are effected sys/sys/timex.h,
sys/kern/kern_ntptime.c and sys/kern/kern_clock.c.

If somebody from the 2.2 release team give the go-ahead I would be
happy to put it in 2.2.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@mikom.csir.co.za