Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 1998 21:34:56 -0600
From:      Frank Griffith <frankg@idfw.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   X Windows

I have FreeBSD 2.2.5 running on a 486-66 unit with the following:

Diamond Stealth64  vers 1.04  2 Meg Video Card
AST SVGA Monitor

I used XF86Setup to do the configurations.The video card has
an S3 Vision964 chip on it, so I chose that card from the list.

After many tries, I finally got the S3 server running and was able to
see the screen which said the server was running and I saved the
configuration file.

However, when I try to startx, I get the following message:

xinit:  No such file or directory (errno 2):  no server "X" in PATH

My path is set to:

/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin
:/usr/local/interviews/bin/FREEBSD