Date:      Wed, 31 May 2006 14:27:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      <pwangee@UDel.Edu>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Cc:        pwangee@UDel.Edu
Subject:   install error for version 6.1: Cannot get packages/index

hi,

My alpha machine is 433au with the freebsd 4.10. Now I want to reinstall the latest version 6.1 in my machine from CD. When I install it, everything is fine until the error message " can not get packetages/index ...". I really don't know the reason.

I tried to install it from FTP. It still does not work. Then, I check the website of freebsd and find that the distribution of the alpha machine for version 6.1 is empty. The distributions for other kinds of machines are avalable. The distribution of alpha machine for version 5.5 is empty too.

Anyone gives suggestions? Thanks

Peng