Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:43:00 -0600
From:      Erik Greenwald <erik@smluc.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        Tom Munro Glass <gentoo@tmgcon.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to install gnucash?

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 06:40:51PM -0500, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 12:28:14PM +1300, Tom Munro Glass wrote:
> > I'm trying to install gnucash, but this depends on g-wrap which in turn
> > depends on slib-guile, and "slib-guile-3a1 is marked as broken: Does not
> > install."
> >
> > Is there a solution to this problem?

my workaround is to get an old version of slib (3a1) installed and be
careful not to update it...

> Talk to whoever broke slib-guile and get them to fix it :-)

the breakage seems to be in guile, with a partial slib implementation in
guile impeding functionality in the real slib... other scheme
implementations are perfectly happy with the upgraded slib. :)

--
        -Erik <erik@smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~erik]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all probability,
they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore may result in
severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep Refrigerated.